1. First of all
Wicked Wigs is committed to safeguarding your privacy and that is why we take the protection of your personal data very seriously.
2. What is the GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a European regulation that prescribes which standards need to be observed by European companies when processing your personal data. Personal data means any data or information that relates to an individual who is or can be identified from that data. Processing is the term used for any operation or set of operations performed on personal data, such as collection and storage.
3. Personal data that we process
We process personal data by monitoring the forms that you use to actively share information with us, such as the address information on the order form.
If you create an account or place an order, we will process the following personal data: first and last name, address, email address, phone number and login details.
If you subscribe to our newsletter, your name will be stored alongside your email address in our email system so we can personalise our newsletter greeting.
4. Basis for us processing personal data
5. Your rights as an affected party
- Right of access: You have the right to access your personal data. A lot of this information can be accessed through your personal page.
- Right to rectification: If you think that your data that we’re processing is inaccurate, you can change this in your personal page or by sending a request to us.
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): You have the right to have your personal data erased that is stored by us. However, some data still needs to be stored for our administration, or to make sure that we don’t contact you again. If you unsubscribe from our newsletter, your data relating to the sending of the newsletter will be removed.
- Right to restriction of processing: if you think that we are processing your personal data unlawfully or incorrectly, you can put a stop to that part of the processing.
- Right to object: You can put a stop to the processing of your personal data.
- Right to data portability: As a result of new legislation, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format from us. We can also forward this information at your request.
You can send your request to exercise one or more of the rights mentioned above to email@example.com . You will receive a confirmation that we have received your request. We may require some additional information to be able to process your request. This way we can ensure that our customer’s personal data is well-protected and will only be provided to the specific person concerned. All requests will be processed within one month after having been approved.
At all times, you will have the right to file a complaint with our supervisory authority, in this case that is the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Dutch DPA).
6. Retention periods
We will store the personal data that we process as a result of an account being created or a subscription to our newsletter until you unsubscribe or have your account removed. Other personal data will be stored for a period of time that is in accordance with obligations imposed by other laws and regulations. For example, the administration obligation.
7. External processors
We use reliable external processors that in collaboration with us process your personal data on our behalf. For example, an internal administration system, a server, an email program and a logistics company to deliver your parcel. We will make the appropriate arrangements with them regarding the processing of personal data by concluding processing agreements.
We’ll take appropriate internal organisational measures regarding the protection of your personal data and engage in a dynamical policy. The technical security measures will also be checked and evaluated (by external parties) on a regular basis. Our website is secured with SSL, ensuring your information is sent encrypted.
9. Do you have any questions?